Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

window break light working on and off

680 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  shurik 
#1 ·
Window break light sometimes works and sometimes doesn't need help to fix it and the light comes on, on the dash board when the light is not working and when sometimes break light working fine and the light on the dash board doent come up.

#2 ·
mine was exactly the same, at first i would get the light on the dash if it wasnt working. then i would mess with it and it would work for a while, then it would stop working, but then light on dash didnt light up. so not sure how but i guess it had enough continuity to keep the light on the dash off but not enough to power the light.

there are two ways to fix this, one take out the bulb and socket its in. bend up the little tab that the bulb rides on and clean it off, i also had to scrape the bottom of the bulb a little it looked like it had a little residue, so i just scraped off some of the silver contacting metal of the bulb and gave it a new surface, while i scraped the tab and cleaned it as well that the bulb sits on and now its like brand new again, been going for about a month.

you can also just by a new bulb socket holder for like 2 bucks from the dealer if you have one near you. good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.