BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fuel Pressure Regulator

Hey Mb owners,

I want to change my fuel pressure regulator, and do i need just to buy one or more?

Where is the Fuel Pressure Regulator locatetd at?

I have a 99 C230K with starting problems issue. Starts fine in the cold but if not cold then it takes like 3 seconds of cranking.

is there a diagram or website where i can see images of fuel pressure regulator on my car.

Please help, Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 05:51 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1996 Silver C36
The 1999 C230 fuel pressure regulator is locted at Autohausaz

Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s)

Do you think you know what you are doing or should you seek help?
#3 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 02:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 1998 c230 153k
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Have you seen this? ??????? ????????? MB. ????? ??????.

Curious to know why you came to the conclusion of the FPR? Did you pull a vac or is there gas coming out of the port? I would suggest getting the codes read first. To answer your question there is one on the fuel rail, looks like a flying saucer with a nipple on the top. If it really needs one you should run the car, pull the fuel pump relay, let it stop, disconnect battery (make sure you have radio code when battery is reconnected after replacement). This issue could be something simple as cleaning the throttle body.
B.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 03:47 PM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
i came out with this solution because i have read other forums with related or same problems. There is either two problems on my car, FPR, or leaky injectors. But Thank you for the Website for the FPR, very low price. Also the site that you gave me is like in russian or something and they don't tell you the parts name, hard time for me since i am noob.

Can you please tell me how to clean the throttle?

Thank you
#5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 1998 c230 153k
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202...-question.html Also you should use the search feature, (throttle body) there are many posts on this.
You need to do a scan on your vehicle as well, if not your chasing your tail, its a starting point and thats all. Leaky injectors? did you ohm test those? Smelling unburned gas? If you copy and paste the part # to some website part places they will indeed show you at least the price of the part and perhaps the image such as this site,
Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts
If not copy the part # and call the dealer. I think you need more diagnostic work done before buying any parts. B
#6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 09:41 PM
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Tomorrow i am going to the shop and get my car diagnose. I will let you guys know what is wrong.
#7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 04:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: 2001 CLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeister View Post
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202...-question.html Also you should use the search feature, (throttle body) there are many posts on this.
You need to do a scan on your vehicle as well, if not your chasing your tail, its a starting point and thats all. Leaky injectors? did you ohm test those? Smelling unburned gas? If you copy and paste the part # to some website part places they will indeed show you at least the price of the part and perhaps the image such as this site,
Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts
If not copy the part # and call the dealer. I think you need more diagnostic work done before buying any parts. B
sorry to bring this back to life, but what does ohm testing the injectors tell you? also what are the values supposed to be? i have poor gas milage with no check engine light and ive replaced almost every sensor that affects performance. the car feels like there is a lack of power. im now moving on to the fuel system. fuel system cleaner didnt seem to help the gas milage at all. the car is well maintained with all services up to date.

i think i may just replace the fuel pressure regulator and hope it solves the problems... thats what ive been doing with sensors lol since i have no codes or any place to start.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W202 C-Class