Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Searching for the A/C Diagram "W202"

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  marvinstockman 
#1 ·
Hello,

I was searching for the A/C diagram of W202, but i had no luck.

I wanna know where is the pan that catches the moisture as it drips off the

coil.

Thank You in Advance.

#4 ·
Please help. :help:help:help:

When i start the A/C there comes a bad smell for 2-5 minutes. I have tried many times to spray different disinfectant, changed the cabin filter, but after one week the odor comes back.

Where is placed the evaporator coil, pan and the drain pipe that takes the water out? I need to clear them all.

Please help. :help:

#5 ·
Odor

The odor is not uncommon, it's a bacteria that grows in warm wet conditions, like an ac box. There have been many treatments made available here in the USA but the only solution is replacing the ac evaporator assembly with one that is made from a special material/Lysol disinfectant used to work for a time then you re-sprayed through the fresh air intake and letting it sit with ac off for 30 minutes.
Bill

#8 ·
i actually need to REPLACE my evaporator. my short-lived recharges result in a sour smell in the interior. once the recharge has leaked out, the smell goes away (even with ac running). i'm convinced i've popped my evap with an overcharge, so i simply must dig in there and replace it.

I am not afraid of this job. at all. I did the head gasket all by myself.

help?

xvvvz: club202 R.I.P. :(

#9 ·
With AC not working, you're not making moisture in the system, and everything dries out. Smell goes away. Try changing the paper filter.

Put in a dye and look for the leak, or get a good sealer and try it before you try replacing the evaporator. Surgery without anesthesia would be a better option than replacing the evaporator in the W202!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.