Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What did you do to your 202 today?

255K views 1K replies 224 participants last post by  cadman777 
#1 · (Edited)
Lifted the thread idea from Vortex, started one on the 201 board... why not here too.

I'll start:

Washed, waxed and steam cleaned the interior of the 202, then I drove my 16V like an ass and took some pictures of the 202 in a cemetery.

Ahhhh... 16V fun. That exhaust note make me wet my pants!

See less See more
1 3
#2 · (Edited)
I never realized your 190 was a 16v, sweet! Only seen two in person.

Washed the wheels and fitted a new windshield decal.

I went to the dealer (I know, I know) and got a windshield decal to replace the old one that was "thoughtfully" removed for me. I was sad at first because the dealership told me MB no longer supplies the old style and there is only one now, a clear background with silver text so you only see the writing and no white business card-shaped background. I bought it at $13, which was a bit of a rip but I didn't want to put any more effort into finding one. On the car I actually love it and much prefer to the old style since it looks much more elegant and disappears visually.

Also washed my wheels for the first time since waxing them a week ago... you guys were right, the brake dust almost fell off on it's own. Best advice on detailing a car I ever followed. I recommend it to ALL MB owners, you will be pleased with the results.

#9 · (Edited)
Well, wasn't today, but yesterday I washed my car and finally took some more time to clean the grime and brake gunk that caked all over my wheelies! I feel so accomplished right now. :D I also wanted to polish, but my friend lost my damn clay bars, so i lost motivation. I wanted to claybar and rewash before i polished and waxed.

I also put in some of that fuel injector cleaner before i filled up on gas. Perhaps a placebo effect on the butt dyno, but my 202 seems like it has just a teensy little more kick from any gear.

Last night i ALSO took a photoshoot of my car with a few other friends (chutoyy on mymbonline). Tell me what you think: i'm still kind of new to taking shots. Photos taken with Canon SD1000 7.1MP

And I know, i want to get out of stock wheels, as well as get dumped on some H&R's, but it's too much of a long term liability where i won't be able to get up my driveway without scraping my exhaust and bumpers. :(

#13 ·
Well, wasn't today, but yesterday I washed my car and finally took some more time to clean the grime and brake gunk that caked all over my wheelies! I feel so accomplished right now. :D I also wanted to polish, but my friend lost my damn clay bars, so i lost motivation. I wanted to claybar and rewash before i polished and waxed.
I did that to my wife's 210 wagon last week - washed it, clayed it, polished with Meguiars #9 and then waxed with Meguiars NXT. Of course it rained like crazy 36 hours later. D'oh!

This weekend I'll be doing the transmission fluid/filter and putting in a new steering damper on the 202.

#12 · (Edited)
Tried to install a used factory 6 disc CD changer. Between less then optimal packing and less than gentle handling by the post office, it arrived with problems. It at least played for a short test after I tore it open and fixed some things but who knows how it will do after it is fully mounted in the car and bouncing down the road. Off to the hardware store tomorrow to get some mounting bolts.

If you have a unit that doesn't work right, don't pay anyone to fix it for the outrageous $$$ they want fix it. Open it up yourself and try to fix it or just trash it and put the money toward a new unit. Repairs are too expensive and the factory stereo isn't that great anyway. I just put up a post with some great links if you ever want to try and fix it yourself.

#15 ·
Trade the stock pads in on some Axxis (sp?) Deluxe Plus (or whatever they are now called). You will be so happy that you did because they have performance equal or better than stock pads, don't tear up rotors and no black dust. No more ugly black wheels.

#17 · (Edited)
Just did a complete brake job...with new lines, and an antifreeze flush. Hope tomorrow I can get the mud off of it from our so-called "road." Maybe throw on a quick spray wax to shine her up...oh and got to polish my new blacked-out 17s and shine the Nitto tires :)

#24 ·
Sanded down the grille and avantgard(s600) insert, primed and waiting for flat black. I've also been busy refinishing my hood for the last week, today it's ready for the first top coat. I'll know if the white base coat I bought is truly a match by the end of the day, wish me luck !!

#25 ·
"97 C280. Firestone successfully completed a wheel allignment after ordering new, and different, adjusting bolts for both right and left front from MB: $100 for bolts, already paid for lifetime allignment. Also found the serpentine belt was cracked and near shredding: $125 belt and labor. Next, two new tires for front to go with the new ones on back: Sumitomo, $79.07 each complete.

#31 ·
Checked my tranny fluid after some recent tranny issues.

Drove to Trader Joes for some hot trash to eat, and whie sitting waiting for a park in the lot, some fool pulled out of his park and banged into mydriverside rear quarter panel. I filed a police report after he offered me $200 to fix it :rolleyes: and insisting it was there before the accident :thumbsup:

Proceeded to pick up my two drunk gal friends in brookyln @2am, drove them home and passed out.