Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What did you do to your 202 today?

255K views 1K replies 224 participants last post by  cadman777 
#1 · (Edited)
Lifted the thread idea from Vortex, started one on the 201 board... why not here too.

I'll start:

Washed, waxed and steam cleaned the interior of the 202, then I drove my 16V like an ass and took some pictures of the 202 in a cemetery.

Ahhhh... 16V fun. That exhaust note make me wet my pants!

See less See more
1 3
#59 ·
thats all you 202 owners do is clean and wax:yelrotflmao:

#65 ·
Over the past 2 weeks: New Bilstein HD shocks, new front discs and treated the existing brake pads with 3M anti-squeel compound, flushed the brake system w/synthetic Dot 4, cleaned the leather, factory rubber floor mats, air filter, and mud-flaps (not yet installed in this image). Full oil change w/synthetic. Treated all paint chips and scratches with rust inhibitor and careful touch-up with a real paint brush (no blobs).

Taking it in to have the tranny flushed in a couple of days, and to fix an oil leak on the front of the engine. I'd do this myself but don't have the time and figure I've done enough with by own 2 paws for now.

That should have her all spiffed up and ready for another 95k miles.

Attachments

#70 ·
203 content but who cares... $280 at the junkyard kids.

Refebrished ones go for $1800 online, comes with warranty and guaranteed to work. We'll see.

Found it at Greenleaf Recyclers in Dumfries, VA. may be worth checking out for wheels, etc.

#71 ·
After blowing a fuel line (yes it really did blow out) on the way to school, I replaced the line b/t the pump and filter, only to find out that something else was causing problems. Made some phone calls and deduced that it was a bad fuel filter. I had the car towed home and replaced a REALLY clogged filter. Works fine now.

WORD TO THE WISE. If you have problems starting or rough idle or it just turns off... check when the filter was changed last, it might be the problem. (assuming your car was running fine the day before)

#77 ·
Going to buy some new brake pads soon and will be replacing them. Not because they are worn (the are almost new, the ones I bought the car with) but because they are the wrong kind. They are extremely dirty and too hard. Rather than wearing the pads they wear out the discs. Don't know how it works in other parts of the world but here they put the crap on the car to wear out the discs and create more business for themselves.

#79 ·
So after a whole year of not being able to figure out why my cd-changer wasn't getting recognised by the head unit I finally found the fix to my problem. (BTW listening to music through the cd-changer is so much better than using the iPod because the iPod Classic has a sound chip that sucks!)
MC3198
I've researched heavily into the message..'No Cd-Changer' problem with no avail. Until today I thought well maybe I should check the cables which I checked once few months bacl but didn't think a bend in the cable was a problem. Turns out the tiny kink in the "wake-up" wire was the cause, so I snapped it completely and found rust at that kink. Cut the rusted portion, reconnected and viola it was working again. The whole time It wasn't being recognized by the head unit because the head unite simply couldn't wake up the changer. Was so happy because of how much money saved not going to the dealer to get it fixed.
If anyone is having problems with their OEM Cd-changers you might want to look into the wiring. Especially if your head unit doesn't recognize it yet the cd-changer powers up and ejects.

#83 ·
i changed my corners from the cheap black depos back to the stock ones
and installed 1157 sylvania bulbs
mobil 5w40 oil change bout a week ago
rotated tires

also i yelled at it for a little bit for being so noisy and for not letting me listen to the radio(i think my antenna adapter is broken)
i hope it learned its lesson... -.-

#85 ·
Lucky Germans with access to all the good Becker products! We have to suffer with carnival coloured Alpine units over here with dancing lights and dolphins on our displays.

My 202 got it's new tires installed... 205/55/16 they look so small compared to the 215/55/16s that were on it.

#88 · (Edited)
GPS was invented by the US - why shouldn't it work in the US?

I searched eBay and your price is right! ;( But
  • The sellers are mostly professionals.
  • The radios are new!
  • The guarantees he has to give you by law are very consumer friendly.
  • If anything brakes you have TWO YEARS time to claim it and the salesman has to repair it or give you your money back. In the first 6 month of that time the salesman has to proof that it was your fault. Almost impossible for him.
  • Postal service US/EU is not that high.
Give it a try. ;)

#89 ·
GPS was invented by the US - why shouldn't it work in the US?

Postal service US/EU is not that high.

Give it a try. ;)
I was told there were no US maps available for the Cascade at the time, that's why it would be useless in the US for GPS. As for the postal service, it's hit or miss... Some are reasonalbe some are not. I figured out how to turn off the dancing raindrops on my Alpine, it suits my needs now, it's just ugly. I look for a used bargain on ebay.de now and then, not many out there. On a side note... where's the best place in Berlin to get currywurst?