Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Cracked windshield

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DirectLA 
#1 ·
Cracked my c230 w202 windshield yesturday.
are there still these windshields around?

I am in mexico, so the only thing i can do is check with the dealer and see what they say.

#4 ·
I had a small chip repaired in my c230 and asked about the cost of a windshield through Safelite while I was there, it was $400.
Also just replaced the windshield in Porsche through them and it was around $500 I believe. OEM with all fixtures in place for various components like rain sensor, dimmer, etc.

Some insurance covers windshield repair with a $50 or $100 deductible so you may want to check into that also so long as it doesn't raise your rates as a claim.

#7 ·
Hi, do you know if there is something different between your model year and a '99 that would make mine cost more? Curious if it's something to do with the mirror attachments, etc. Was that all out of pocket or a deductible?
I never saw the process done and watched the guy do the Porsche and it was really interesting to see. It probably took him twice as long with me there but he seemed to appreciate my interest in his work.

#9 ·
Amen the cracked windshield issue. Somebody want to fix mine too? :) Mine cracked a few months after I bought the car so it's been.... six years or so now. I love watching it creep down little by little. lol

#10 ·
When I got in the car today I realized there are no bits glued to the glass, not even the mirror which is ceiling mounted. There is a small patch of dot matrix printing to act as a sun shade (clever because our other vehicle has a baby shade that flops down from the headliner that looks silly). Maybe I just need to call and say I want the same price!

Mine only has chips, I couldn't live with a crack. The chips are actually too much for me but since they are common with road conditions where I explore, I am accumulating enough before I invest in a new windshield only to start all over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.