Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

c220 1996 died n wont start

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  doin12volt 
#1 ·
hello everyone... im new in here so if im askin silly questions dont shoot me yet :)

ive got n reg 1996 c220 diesel in manual...

parked it fine few nights ago went home went to bed...
got up in the morning- trid to go shoppin- car wouldnt start...

what is strange- the clock on my dashboard reset itself...
tried to jump start it rollin it off the hill... didnt work...
tried to jump leads started- it did but i switched it off n the problems came back...

every time i turn the ignition on after taking the key out the clock resets itself and battery is dying right in front of my eyes when i try to crank it...

whats wrong with it??? i read som info- cranshaft position sensor or K40 relay... these are thw most probable ones

help
cheers-
david

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like an electrical issue that points straight at the battery, if voltage is too low it won't start even from a hill, once you jump it there is enough to keep it running. If I had to guess it would be a shorted cell in the battery. Replace that dog and you'll be good to go.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

#4 ·
thanks for any replies...

1 more thing... i disconnected t battery just 2 reset t ecu... it started once as i said but now every time i lock it n open it n try to run it it doesnt start n rear mirrors lights (t ones from immobiliser) light up... not at t same time tho... they blink 1 after another... when i put t battery on charge from t other car it is charging but as soon as i try to crank it agter taking t leads away t battery dies out after like 10 cranks...

any help to figure this 1 out?

i really dont wanna get rid of it... been a good car... so.... HELP!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.