Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Spark Plugs Conditions

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rmt6668 
#1 ·
Hi

Are my spark Plugs is good condition? Do I need to adjust the gap, seem to be quite wide?

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Year/model in your avatar would help

1.8 and 2 litre models from 7/97 on used 4 electrode type as previous post suggested - no adjustment possible

1.8 and 2 litre up to 6/97 - single electrode at 0.8mm
also all 2.2 and 2.3 engines - single electrode at 0.8mm

Oberoi

#4 ·
My car is C220 W202 1994 model.

So no adjustment possible on this. I'm dipping them ovenight on petrol, hopefully the black stuff all come off . Notice from service record this was installed 18/08/05 @ 121,774km
P/N MBA0031596703 S/Plug (F8DC4) Bosch Super RO 582. Notice its now replaced by FR8DC+ ?

Do I need to replace. my vehicle now around 135,000km? I dont realy need to get this at MB dealer do I?

#6 ·
Replace every 40k kilometres is schedule

Given that no.4 is burning differently, I'd replace them with current Bosch recommendation and see how they compare in future- any symptoms?/oil burning/etc?

Buy from anywhere but check the recommendation yourself from their book - don't trust the over the counter recommendation.

Considering the time spent to replace, the cost is minimal

Oberoi

#7 ·
Thanks for the advices. I'll replace them all.

I wonder why the spark plug wire going into coil, number 2 & 3 are reversed. There are 2 cylinders per coil. There are altogether 4 cylinders & 2 coils.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.