Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

C280 warm starting problem

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  W321 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 C280 80,000 miles, when the car is warm and after shutting it off for 30 minutes. then restarting intermeditally it will not fire it takes up to 20 minutes of trying nonstop. finally it starts and run like there was nothing wrong,
I have replaced the fuel pump at the dealer. I am still having the problem 2x per week. I love the car but do not trust it. Is there any thing I can try?

#2 ·
OVP Relay... MAF Sensor...

Search for trouble starting or just starting

#7 ·
Just a never-ending litany of problems, mostly related to electrics and emmissions, and an over active 'Check Wallet Light". Ended up meeting an untimely death up against a guard rail last winter. I wasn't all that sad to let it go. Still have my W124, though. My thinking was the W202 was a worthy successor chassis to the legend. I was worng.

#8 · (Edited)
Just a never-ending litany of problems, mostly related to electrics and emmissions, and an over active 'Check Wallet Light". Ended up meeting an untimely death up against a guard rail last winter. I wasn't all that sad to let it go. Still have my W124, though. My thinking was the W202 was a worthy successor chassis to the legend. I was worng.
That's too bad.

Sorry for your bad experiance with the W202.

I also have a hard hot start problem with my car (Originally C36 but now has C280 Engine)

Overall, its a fantastic car.

Peace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.