Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Accident

917 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jim230c 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, so I was just comming home from my buddy's house, and I was taking a turn onto my street (Right now the weather is crazy, lots of snow, icy/slippery roads) and my car slipped and crashed sideways into a curb, went over the curb, and then hit a small tree on the passenger side, damaging the side mirror and leaving a large dent on the door. To make a long story short, my rear passenger tire seems as though it is bent inwards...when i drive the back of the car is going all over the place, and the car is not driving straight at all... I haven't taken off the tire yet to check if it is the rim? or could it be something else? Any opinions would be apprectiated.

#2 · (Edited)
You should take your car & have the alignment & suspension checked.
Hopefully nothing is busted. In Scarborough, theres a shop called Birchmount
Springs. That's where I take all my cars for alignments & suspension work. It's
the best shop in all of Toronto for steering & suspension work. Ask for Tony ! Do you have winter tires ? There a must !
They make a big differance in Toronto weather........

411.ca - Canada's Local Search Engine - Reverse Phone Lookup

Mercedes 15" rims with new Dunlop winter tires

good luck............

#3 ·
awe dude... sorry to hear that!!! You're alright so thats what matters...

Question for you tho... does your car have ASR/ESP or Traction Control? I have never driven a car with these features and it it supposed to snow here today and just curious if you crashed with these features on your car.

I got chains last night so I do have them as a backup if anything happens.

#4 ·
Thank God!!!

So, early this morning I got my car towed to my mechanic. We put the car up on the hoist and as I mentioned before the tire was bent inwards. We looked behind the wheel and saw that one of the arms were bent, so we removed the arm and hammered it until it was straight. Put the arm back on and now there does not seem to be any problem (other than that damn dent on my door!!!!). So my mechanic said to get alignment done just to make sure it is straight. Is there anything else that I should do, or get checked out just to make sure that my car is safe for the winter?

#6 ·
Your car probably does not have ESP based on the year. At that point ESP was just on the higher-end cars (S class, V8 E class). There should be a button near your gearshift lever marked "ESP" if your car has it. It is a system that can be turned off.

#7 ·
I feel for you. Same thing happened to me today (see post) but mine is all serious front end damage underneath...My car collector neighbor said he wil not be suprised if it costs well over $4 grand to repair if not more.....I have insurance but I do not want to see the car totaled for what looks like minor damage, although I know it is not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.