2000 C230.
Thanks

#2 ·
#1 go to the dealer and buy the cluster removal tool set. They are about $15.00
#2 insert the tools on both sides of the cluster
#3 turn tools 1/4 turn to hook the cluster
#4 pull the cluster out.
#5 remove the wires

Remember you don't have to remove the steering wheel no matter if you have an adjustable steering colomn or not. You just have to take your time so you don't mess something up. The cluster is held in by friction...

#4 ·
there arent any holes. The tools slide between the dash and cluster. the cluster is only held in by friction...you can also remove the lower dash portion on the drivers side and pusg the cluster forward from the back side by hand, although the removal tools are a much easier way to go.

#5 · (Edited)
yeah I was replacing my Center vents so I took off the wood radio etc.. from there I stuck my hand around and pushed it from behind as well as disconnected the two cables. Yeah those tools will come in handy if your bulb burns out in the cluster or you decide to add some burlwood inside the cluster itself...

#7 ·
there are 'soft spots' on both sides of the cluster, between the glass and the upholstery. push around with a plastic wedge to find the loosest parts and that will be where you can insert the tool. The whole cluster/glass/surround comes out as a unit, and is servicable from the back side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.