Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fuel Pressure Regulator

7K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  rmt6668 
#1 ·
Hi

Is the attach pic the Fuel Pressure Regulator, MAF, whats the 4 connectors to the front engine & whats the one connector behind the engine?

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like you could use some new parts

1. Yes that is an injector plug, it has badly frayed wires with the insulation coming off, this could cause injector malfunction. It gives delivers the pulse it needs to squirt gas into the bore. The way it looks now you may have some arching going on. Replace these plug connectors, or at least get some heat shrink tubing on them.
2. Oil cap center, Left appears to be a throttle position sensor for the throttle body.
3. Yes, spark plug wires, have these been changed within the past 30,000 miles?
4. Tubes, black and white coming from vacuum manifold port, Left back end of throttle body.

#5 ·
Thanks very much.

I post a pic (from web, not exact part) plus my W202 Engine Wire schematics.

I have removed wire connectors within reach. I am unable to reach wires such as no.65,74 and also wires 106,89,125. Its hard to reach, I may need to go beneath car?

Are these as easy to disconnect as I am almost there, only the wires from these bundles holding me back.

Thanks

#8 ·
The wires which I cannot reach according to the schematics are:-
no.65 Crankshaft Positon sender unit, camshaft position sender unit, intake
air temp sensor
no.74 intake aire temp sensor
One beside this which have no no. but look like a knock sensor?
The above is one cable harness.

Then two cables from:-
no.125 Ignition Coil
no.116 Oil Level indication
no. 89 Plug Conection Engine/Body ?
no.83 Plug Conection Engine/Body<--- I have disconnected this one?
no.101 Plug Conection Engine/Body<--- I have disconnected this one?
no.110 Plug Conection Engine/Body ?

#9 ·
How to remove the spark plugs or coils. I notice, refering to Haynes Manual, number 2 & 3 wire plugs are interchanged? Could be the cause of my car woes. Whats the impact of this. Now I wonder if its the result of 1 yr ago when the car stalls & coils 2 & 3 incl same injectors replaced incl computer repaired. Or caused by last month's service at the shop?

Whats the symptom of this wrong plug or it makes no difference?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.