Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

C230K misfire

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jhavron 
#1 ·
I did a booboo. 2000 c230k, I was running the car at ~ 100mph for an hour, wich usualy has been np. but this time the CEL light came on and it shut down one of the cylinders. I am not sure what one or two, but I had this probem when I first got the car and fixed it whith some new plugs (carbon tracking) So I tried it and it did not help. The car has the same symtoms as it did with the carbon tracking, runs on all 4 and then when you load it too far studders, then runs on 3 untill you restart the engine. Where sould I start? I live an hour from the nearest benz dealer, so it is kinda a pain to go there, but I will must. Is it common for a plug boot to go on these? Any and all input is welcome. Even the imput to bash my speeding problem ;)

#6 ·
c230 misfire

Called a MB dealer and a mech. told me that number 4 was the front clinder (by the fan). Now I hope to look and find a cracked plug. Though I just replaced it, maybe it will be broken as well.... One can hope for the le$$er of the evil. But what if its not :( any thoughts on the next action? Purchace a boot maybe? Would a bad coil only affect one clinder?

#9 ·
tracked it down, I think. Got the CEL reset, made it turn on again, swaped with the wires attached (looks like some electrical tracing in the wire boot in # 4). Made the CEL come on again, but I am not skilled enough to get it to kick out a code. Thought there were some other messages on the scan tool (barrowed from advanced autoparts) I could not inturput them. Therefore I am just going to order a a boot from a web site. Will post findings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.