Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Blow Off Valve on a supercharger

9K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  timbuctoo 
#1 ·
Can you run a blow off valve (dump valve) on a Kompressor? I've seen this on Turbo Charged cars and was wondering if I could do this on my supercharged C230??

Thanks

#2 ·
Not an expert and not even a novice,, but i don't think a blow off or dump valve is needed on a supercharger. Blow of valves are there to keep the turbo spining and to relieve pressure between gearchanges. As a supercharger runs directly of the motor and not the exhaust gases i doubt fitting one would bring any advantage.
If you want one for the noise they make i reckon that for sure you could fix one. You would have to look at the plumping. work out all the pressures and stuff, find out what valve you would need ie when the valve opens and closes they probably are electronically controlled these days. then with the correct drill bit and tap , drill a hole tap a thread and screw one in. Might ruin your manifold but you could do it.
If you are going to go to all that trouble i'd stick in a turbo that comes in nice and smooth above 3500rpm and loose the supercharger after about 5000rpm.
have fun !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.