Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

first light snow/rain mix today & crashed in rail at 30mph...

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  AMGViper 
#1 ·
today is a sad day for our c230. There wasn't even much snow on the ground. But somehow the car went sideways at like 30mph and crash on the metal rails.

Looks like the front bumper, headlights, driver's side fender needs to be replaced. Luckily the airbag didnt explode ;).

Where can i get those parts cheap and fast, thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh, shit!

I think a good place to look for parts is the local wreckers.
If they have any w202, you might be able to get parts a lot cheaper ?
I can send you my stock signal lights $25 ?
But check ebay, craigslist & some wreckers before actually going to the
stealership or body shop ?

"Good luck & glad your ok....Cars can be replaced, but a life, not so easy" !

#3 ·
thanks, it was my brother who was driving, i have check ebay and there is not a single front bumper for the w202 but there are tons of 01+ c bumper up there. some of the website quote about 187 bucks plus ship on the front bumper. i will keep in mind that you have the corner light, just in case.

#5 ·
Whoa! Sorry to hear/see that, but glad you're all okay.

I guess that's a good reminder to us all, the first precip of the season always brings to the surface the oils and other junk embedded in the roadway and it's slicker than deer snot on a doorknob for the first 30-60 minutes depending on how hard it's coming down...so it's that much more important to back off and be extra-careful.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

#7 ·
Sorry to see your baby like that! Hope you and your brother are okay.

My buddy crashed my C280 into a huge bush awhile back. Fortunately only the front bumper was damaged. So I bought a new one from www.carpartswholesale.com and then had it painted. Because mine is a '94 and silver, no local wreckers had one in good condition, so it worked out to be cheaper to buy it online and then have a bodyshop paint it, than to buy it used and have it shipped half way across the country from another wrecker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.