Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

funny noises and play

809 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  timbuctoo 
#1 ·
Hi, got myself an early c class or rather the girlfriend, lovely motor unfortunately it has spent all of its life in southern germany and therefore has experienced lot of snow and tons of salt so the rust was starting to come through... got rid of the up and coming rust and have given it a new lick of paint. I am now getting ready for this years onslaught of more salt... however i need some help with the following;
sometimes i have a high pitched noise coming from one wheel i believe it to be coming from the front right although my perception of this seems to change! the noise comes and goes often making itself known when the weather is damp, also if one steers to the left slightly it may say hello too. the speeds at which this happens tends to be above 60kph. I have had it on a lift and the front right bearing did seem to be loose... are they difficult to change and where or who is good for parts ( located in freiberg germany)
Another thing i noticed again on the lift was a lot of play in the steering but this only happened when the steering was inbetween full lock ie straight ahead no play, full lock left no play, and full lock right no play.
YOur thoughts and advice greatly appreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.