Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Clicking noise

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Curacao 
#1 ·
i have a 98 C230 and shes been parked for 2 moths but i start it up once a week andd today i heard a little clicking noise as she was running its not loud but i hear it. it sound like its comein from where all da pullies r . can anyone tell me if its bad or can some one tell me wat it is .Shes only got 110,000 km i bought it in May.

#2 ·
Maybe this might be of some help to you (link attached below)?
Hopefully it's something else, cheaper to fix ?
Disregard this link if the clicking noise is all the time (running).
If it only does this when your heat or ac is on, you will need a new compressor $$$.
If the clicking sound is made all the time when the car is running, it could be
the tensioner shock needs replacing ?

Good luck....

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202-c-class/1345774-ac-compressor-making-clacking-noise.html

#4 ·
It's hard to say ?
Could be the shock tensioner, fan touching, .................
Try spraying a little wd40 around the belt & around the fans ?
This might be stupid, but check oil level & maybe bad gas since your car has been sitting
for a while ?

#6 ·
I had that problem when i used to travel for months. The MB tech told me that it is the valve since the car is parked for longer period of time. After a while it was gone. At that time the dealer was using just normal Amalie Motor oil. After servicing my car i start using syntethic oil.

Normal oil will sits in the bottom of the engine. Syn Oil will stay around the engine even if it parked for more than two months.

My 2.8L V8 had a loud sound and i had to drive around the neighbourhood to get the engine warm before going back to work the next day.

Try to drive around with it.

Eddie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.