Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Oil Change and oil type

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Sergio 
#1 ·
I have a 1994 c 280 and want to know what type of oil to run in it? I have heard to run synthetic oil, but can i just run valvoline maxlife or something. Also where do you get your oil filters i heard not to get it at advanced or anything like that cause of how the oil evaporates in the filter and mb do not do that.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Also i am a new owner of a mb

#2 ·
The best oil for C280 is synthetic oils. There are many brands on the market who comply with regulation of damlier benz now damlier chrysler. just look on the back label. I use full synthetic oil and it runs great. Check for brand such as Castrol - Quaker State - Valvoline - Mobil One or Amalie. For oil filter check if you can find them at a euro autoparts store, maybe they would have. Its better to get the original from the dealer. Other Euro Parts Store might have them or a different brand name which might be cheaper.

Good Luck

Eddie

#4 ·
You can use Mobil 1 0W-40 (one of the best synthetics out there) and buy OEM oil filters such as MANN or HENGST. Many on-line places carry these filters and they are identical to the dealer supplied MB filters (minus the Star).
Replace oil & filter every 10K miles (if using Mobil 1 synthetic) and you're good to go.

Sergio
'95 E320 165K miles
'99 ML430 87K miles
'94 C280 139K miles (R.I.P)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.