Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A/C 1993 190E

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Nate 
#1 ·
hey guys,

anyone strong on a/c problems? mine seems to work well while cruising but blows pretty warm air when idling in traffic during the warm summers day. I have had it checked for loss of gas and leakages but it all seems fine. help I am cooking[:(]

#2 ·
You might want to see if the electric auxiliary fan in front of the condenser is coming ...

You might want to see if the electric auxiliary fan in front of the condenser is coming on. If it gets warmer while stopped at a light or in traffic, this might be the problem, since there's no air going through the condenser to help cool the freon down.

If the aux fan is not coming on, test it, then check the pressure switch at the receiver/dryer. Hope this helps! [:)]

#4 ·
That sounds like you need to recharge the system. Mine did the exact same thing when I go...

That sounds like you need to recharge the system. Mine did the exact same thing when I got the car, recharged it and it works fine now. It doesn't blow as cold of air while idling as it does while cruising, but that's expected. No complaints here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.