Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Tips for accesories/upgrades for a 190

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ronald_m 
#1 ·
aight, does anyone have any advice or tips to upgrade or 'supe-up' my 1986 190E 2.3. like any success stories (lol) or even good random ideas... anything, i'm willing to hear it all. cause right now i don't have much money, and i have many ideas, but i wanna know if they sound good to others and visa versa... soo please give me some tips. <br> <br> thanks in advance - David

#3 ·
Apperance or power ??? <br> <br> Aperrance- Since you are in a tight budget you can changed those slim trimmings around your 86' 190e with those wide trims that are used on newer 190e's. Second, go with Euro-lights.<br> <br> Power - Headers and mufflers, tires and wheels upgrade, 500e stabilizer bar,etc.<br> <br>

#4 ·
on a budget??<br> <br> 1. polish & paint clean/restore your car!<br> <br> 2. get some cheap lowering springs, to give the merc a sporting look, if rubbing occurs put rubber pads from dealership on the springs for suspension mounting!<br> <br> 3. get some clear lensed indicators and if possible try to find headlight eyebrow spoiler!<br> <br> 4. try to replace your grill with an SEC replica grill for the 190E!<br> <br> 5. debadge the car, replace/reprint/reposition your reg plate!!!<br> <br> 6. tyre paint your tyres for a fresh look!<br> <br> 7. buy some black window spray shad 3 perhaps and respray your rear tailights inside out!<br> <br> 8.buy some hardware filler with a mixture of hardner and blend the car with sand paper i.e. the bumper and the front arches are as one piece so with the rear bumper and arches and if you got door panal moulding blend them in as well, it all takes time, but you got yourself a cheap BODYKIT!!!!<br> <br> 8. buy some brake capliper covers with air vented holes in them to look like it has a cross drilled rotor in them!<br> <br> anyway hope a few of these ideas help!!!!

#7 ·
Re: tail lights

visit Halfords or C.A.R MOTORS, dont use any other sprayz because your gona impare the visiability of your rear tailights....<br> <br> this is a special spray called tint spray solution, their are 3 shades to it, choose shade 3 for best results, remember before you spray make sure you take the tailights out, cleaning them in soup water and then apply this tinted spray solution and let it to dray overnight against the radiator for overnight quick dry....<br> <br> this can also work on the CLEAR ONLY front indicators too, if you want it to have a smoked out effect, which is cool looking if your carz black!!!

#10 ·
parts specifics...

so who makes a good BUDGET lowering spring / lowered strut set for the 190E and wheres a good place to order the clear indicators and headlight eyebrows from? and the 500E stabilizer bar thing- if i found one atta junkyard, does it just bolt up to the 190E? how about a front upper strut tiebar? those things usually go for about 20 bucks onna honda so, for the benz, it should be about 200, eh? nah, really- anybody seena good price onnem?
thanks,
matthew.

#11 ·
Re: R16 resistor

I have keep hearing about this R16 resistor. If u dont mind, can u tell me where it is located... and how does it improve performance?
thanx
dragos
I removed mine and I did notice an improvement. It is on the right-hand side of the battery space, if you are facing the windshield in front of the car. It is a the end of an electrical tape wrapped wire. Unwrap it and pull the plug off the end, and then re-wrap the open end of the plug.

#13 ·
Getting more power out of your 190e

The best way to increae HP in your benz is with a Moselman turbo compressor.
http://www.mosselmanturbo.com/
they are specifically made for benzes and is less expensive and better than trtying to change the engine. i think on the 2.3 you get up to 205 HP.
You can also look at www.bekkers.com to look for the clearlights and strut bars, suspension kits, rims, etc for your 190e. If you want cool cheap rims, look for "mercedes rim" on www.ebay.com

let us know the progress or experiences you have when doing upgrades to your car, specifically how that mosselman turbo works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.