Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1987 190e - continuing fuel issues

520 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SkylerW 
#1 ·
Good evening all,

In a previous post I mentioned that I was having issues with fuel delivery. At this point, I have changed both fuel pumps and the fuel filter. I also changed the ovp relay and the fuel pump relay to make sure they are working correctly. At first when I changed the pump that was the main problem it seemed that it had solved the problem but then after a couple days I went to start the car and it was idling very poorly again. At first when I start the car the idle is quite shaky then as I give it some gas it improves a little but then after a few more minutes the idle becomes very erratic, bouncing from above the 10 mark to below the 5 mark. If I rev the engine hard and let it drop quickly or if I put the car in gear and try to drive it will die as soon as I let my foot off the gas. The idle seems to get worse as the car warms up.

I'm really not sure what's left to check. I looked for vacuum leaks but didn't find anything. I do hear a slight buzzing type sound when the idle increases and then the idle goes back down then goes up again and so on.

Skyler

#2 ·
Skyler i would check all earth points on the car, main one is from engine to body .And battery leads for craked insulation that will tell you .Next remove every fuse in the fues box and clean them ,i put a little lube on them wipe off , and pop them back in .Do these one at a time so you know the place they came from .Or take a picture to start with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.