Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W201 eBay / CL finds

60K views 191 replies 53 participants last post by  tkarttrev 
#1 ·
#83 ·
2.3-16v

Always love it when a seller lists a relatively high-priced car with no pertinent information on the vehicle that is for sale (other than the optional heated seats), but instead cuts-and-pastes what appears to be a Wikipedia article.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5483071965.html

No indication of condition, mileage, maintenance history, etc. And only one photo to boot.

This would be a lot more acceptable with an $1800 2.3-16, but not an $18k example.

Attachments

#92 ·
Ok guys went to take a look. She is in great shape.

Cons:
A few cosmetic niggles... a missing button, some of the wooden trim around the shift knob a little worn. Very light scratches on the paint, otherwise still nice and glossy, nothing a buff won't fix. Insulation pad under the bonnet needs to be replaced, but that's very simple.

Pros:
All of these things are a-okay for a 159k mile car. Great seats too, driver's seat leather is not cracked. Probably needs a more detailed tune up to make sure it's good for the next 150k. Tranny shifts smooth through 3rd (I think). Owners did take pride in this car and use it at it was meant to be used.

Bottom line:
To put things in perspective, a vanilla 190e in slightly better shape and 100k mi would maaaybe run up to $4000. Someone out there may very well pay $8500 for the Sportline.. Fantastic cars and great heritage, but I guess I'm missing out this time around.

#105 ·
190E 2.6 LE for $2700 in Sonoma County

As always, no affiliation with the seller. I just stumbled upon this doing a little Craigslisting.

Selling my Limited Edition 1993 Mercedes 190E, one of 700 made!
2.6L I6 4 speed automatic.
Body is in great shape -- no rust, no accidents, nice and straight. Clean title.
New brakes, rotors, and tires on the rear.
Runs great! 220,000 miles.
Interior is in good shape -- no tears in the seats.
Needs new rear window regulators and a new sunroof regulator. Electronics all work besides that.
All leather Recaro Racing seats with red trim! This was standard with the limited edition of this vehicle.
Sportline transmission!
This car was made to commemorate the last production year of the 190E.
Call/text for details. Serious offers only please.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5719323562.html

###

High miles, but it looks well-kept, and it's from a pretty affluent area (if that means anything to you).

Attachments

#112 ·
Spotted a black 2.6 with 44k miles and leather interior on CL for $4,500

1991 Mercedes 190E

I was getting ready to go and check it out, but then I noticed it's actually located in Huntington, WV, not Richmond, even though it's on Richmond CL. That's too far away from me. But I hope someone else can score a minter.

(Not affiliated with the seller but traded brief emails: sounds like it was a barn find type of situation and he says the car is in excellent shape)

(moved this from the for sale thread because I posted it there by mistake)