Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Oh crap.

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  1984babybenz 
#1 ·
Silly me got in a wreck. :crybaby2:

Good news: Excuse to get Euros, and a 16v bumper.
Bad news: Dent pulling, and the corner paint.

I know I'll have to get the impact strip and the front bumper, but would it be easier to get the whole quarter panel than trying to pull out that dent?

This sucks.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The frame of the vehicle. You know, the body that lurks underneath those panels?

If you pull away the panels and it the frame looks like this, you'll need to do much more.

Had to use one of your photos 1984babybenz, best illustration I could find.

#5 ·
If you replace it, get a Benz part...either dealer or used. I bought one of the cheapie aftermarket fenders, and could not get it to fit correctly. When I called the manufacturer to ask how to get the shut lines correct, they told me to take it to a body shop. If I was going to do that, then I wouldn't have bought a new fender. Bought a new right fender from the dealer, and a used original for the left, and both dropped right in with just a few minor adjustments.

#9 ·
I know exactly how you feel. Couple months back, I hit the bumper of another car, low-impact fortunately, but it was strong enough to push my hood and rad support back about an inch and damaged my driver-side head light. I took my car in for hood and rad-support realignment - I'm still contemplating whether to bring it in for wheel alignment.

Oh, btw, it was also a good excuse for me to install Euros... :)

Good luck!

#10 ·
Just be sure your frame isn't bent at all. It almost looks like it may be bent in a tiny bit in the corner. Here's a pic of the frame on my car.

Other than that corner it doesn't look like a big deal. Bumper, euro headlights, fender, and paint. Shouldn't be too much, especially if you buy used parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.