Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1984 190D Fuel Injection help

932 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ds190 
#1 ·
I am currently driving and working on a friend's 1984 190D W201 as my 2002 Grand Cherokee is dead. I luv it. As I drive and maintain it I am finding that there appears to be some linkages missing and out of adjustment for the FI. It is hard starting, especially cold. It does not appear to have a fast idle when warming up. I am in need of documentation showing the linkages and adjustments. The cruise does not engage and has a coat hanger wire as the connecting linkage. There appears to be a missing linkage on the bellcrank of the FI pump, engine side, nothing connected to the ball stud of the bellcrank and an empty mounting ball stud under the intake air plenum. I have the Chilton's manual and it is of no help on the 2.2 FI. I do have a new screen filter for the tank and a new cleanable/replaceable element prefilter to install from MercedesSource.

#2 ·
Welcome to BenzWorld! I'll slide your query down to the W201 section, where you're far more likely to garner a helpful response from some like-minded enthusiasts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.