Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono wiper calibration question

11K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  ichris93 
#1 ·
Refreshed my mono wiper this weekend, runs smoother than ever with fresh grease but the arm doesn't seem to "park" in the right position. It goes all the way to the end of the passenger's side but stops in a weird spot at the end of the cycle. It doesn't go quite all the way across the driver's side before turning around, which isn't super noticeable but leads me to wonder if I need to re-calibrate it somehow. I believe the linkage is installed correctly, so maybe the new motor is acting up? I've marked where it turns around on the driver's side in red.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
When I took mine apart, cleaned, greased it and everything, I put it back together incorrectly. And it would park in the wrong place on the windsheild.

So I removed it, made sure the wiper arm was all the way down, lined the wiper up in the middle of the half moon gear, and tightend the nut on the other side. Re-installed it, turned it on and basically calibrated itself and parked back into the right spot.

As a side note, I used lock tight on the nut to prevent it from coming loose in the future.

Good luck. If you have anymore questions I can help, the same thing happened to me and I fixed it.

#3 ·
Aligning the wiper with the half moon gear was the easy part, I made sure to get it right so I wouldn't have to strip the whole thing down if something went wrong. I figure it has to be the linkage or something with the motor (like an internal setting or "memory" of its last position). I feel pretty confident the linkage is correct because (after much trial and error, and studying its movements) the arm moves all the way across on both sides when I turn the 13mm nut on the motor by hand.

#9 ·
DTM it and park it in the center like the cool kids.

#10 ·
I just got a new blade for mine because the one it came with was too long. It goes too far on the passenger side and when it parks, it parks on the driver's side.

I have no experience with these mono-wipers, so any suggestions?

#11 · (Edited)
I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your wiper, it is supposed to park on the drivers side. It swipes across the entire windshield (arm extends out in each corner) and returns back to the driver side where it parks.

The original blade is supposed to be 22" long, but you can use a 24" blade, which I believe is what the W124 models use, unless it is a 26", but anyway I run a 24" on mine problem free. I am curious to see if a 26" blade will fit, which I think it will just tuck right under the exterior A-pillar trim.

I love the Mono-wiper, I get glances from everyone when i'm driving and it swipes across the windshield, believe it or not, that single wiper clears more of the windshield than the two wiper system on my Volvo! Funny thing is, when i'm sitting at a stop light or parked and the wiper is on the highest setting, I can feel it shake the car it goes so fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.