Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My 89 190e 2.6, paid $350

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  John H 
#1 · (Edited)
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
got my 190 about a year ago, paid $350 put in a fuel pump and a head gasket, all together cost me under $1000, i love my car, next step is hopefully euro headlights, a set of rims and winter tires

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See less See more
#7 ·
I don't think anyone is buying these cars with a view to getting more for it when they sell, and it seems even really clean 190Es in the USA that have been well looked after are still not worth much more than a thousand or so. With the interior looking a bit shabby, you might find you still only get a few hundred bucks if you sold it.

However, if you've got it running well, that 2.6 with 5 speed manual is a pretty special thing to drive. I'd just enjoy driving the car if it was me in your shoes.

#13 ·
I don't think anyone is buying these cars with a view to getting more for it when they sell, and it seems even really clean 190Es in the USA that have been well looked after are still not worth much more than a thousand or so. With the interior looking a bit shabby, you might find you still only get a few hundred bucks if you sold it. However, if you've got it running well, that 2.6 with 5 speed manual is a pretty special thing to drive. I'd just enjoy driving the car if it was me in your shoes.
Now's the time when prices are bottoming out. According to my 2012 collector car price guide, low mileage well speced USA models are going for more than John posted. According to MB Classic, the ones with less than 60,000 miles on them will be the sought after collector ones. Certainly the larger the engine, the bigger the worth. No one will get rich off of these but in the future, I think the ones in top condition will be worth close to what they originally sold for because not a lot of them wil be left. Current good examples of this are woodies and VW buses. We'll see. It should be very interesting to watch in the coming years.

#8 ·
Looks like you got quite the deal! And a five speed too, lucky!

I'd guess that you probably could get around $1,000-$1,500 for it. The five speed would be the selling point to the right buyer.

#9 ·
im guessing the 5 speed is somethign special? i love driving this car, like i said im not looking to sell it,its way too much fun, itll eaisly leave 2 big thick black strips on the pavement,

#10 ·
5 speeds are pretty rare in North America. Alot of us on here would want one for the better MPG and the more reliable trans.

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.