Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

91 190e 2.6. Stall when i turn right. not left

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Eurow 
#1 ·
After goin threw hell, and fine tuning this puzzle of my life, my new issue is that when i turn right she stalls out, then either dies completly or hangs on. happened a few times on only one freeway off loop at the stop sign of the ramp. then thought it was to rich, adjusted air mixture slightly, didnt happen again...till yesturday(two months later), only not at the off ramp but at any turn i made. i checked my vacum lines, and coil(2 years old), looked for anything unuasal. OPR fuse is not burnt. and i shook the fuel pump relay as it ran to see if the connection was bad.i have recently replaced my fuel pump(which buzzes a lil while idleing) way before any of this. I just test drove it to find out 360 degree left turns are fine, but any slight right turns are stalling....as my old french mercedes mechanic would say "what the F man"...( he recently passed away).

#3 ·
I believe this happened to someone on here before and it ended up being the fuel pump.

#4 ·
I had something similar with right turns. I changed the fuel filter first, but the MAS relay behind the battery was the culprit.
Without the service history of your car, it could also be the pumps, FPR.......

BTW, the FAQ sticky on top has the link to a free to download service manual.

This is what the M103 MAS relay looks like, the 2.6 and 3.0L part look similar, but are different (numbers).
I would get one from the wrecking yard cheap.
Turn the top knob all the way counter clock wise to unlock before pulling up.

Attachments

#6 ·
Unless it's a diesel, your engine is the vacuum pump. When the intake valves open and the cylinders draw air in, the throttle butterfly (unless wide open) is creating a restriction, so a negative pressure is created in the intake manifold. Hence, vacuum.

#7 ·
I was having a problem with my 2.6 running rough under load but took it out and did a test by making 360 deg turns to the left, and the car runs fine, do the same thing to the left and it bucks and almost stalls and I need to feather the clutch and keep up the revs. Very strange! it bucks at 2500-3000 rpm, but not when turning left!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.