Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Strange water issue?

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  jzchen 
#1 ·
On my 1991 190E. When it rains, and I open the trunk lid, water pours out of the "lid" itself, like the holes where the light is, and dumps into the trunk.
The trunk is dry until I open the lid.
The seal around the trunk is not the issue. It is like new.
It is somehow getting inside of the lid itself, and I cannot figure out how. It is odd. I don't want all this water dumping in the trunk, and it is kind of a pain when you have stuff in your trunk, and it ends up soaked.

#2 ·
I have the same problem! i hate it! and when i say a pint of water came out of there it did! it was annoying and got all over my stuff in there. i stuck a rag in the hole and it seemed to solve the problem. sometimes when feel the rag, its damp, but i couldn't track down the problem and my seal is like new too...
Jacob

#3 ·
So it's not just me!!! I am afraid of it causing rust, and of course, the stuff getting wet in the trunk is getting old. Long as I don't open the trunk, it is dry, soon as I open it, water just comes pouring out of the large holes, like where the bulb is. It is annoying. Yes, about a pint! I have no idea how to fix this. No holes anywhere, and my seal is like new. I am lost!

#12 ·
I should probably change mine. Mine is leaking, just from sitting in the driveway, and not being driven, during a rain. Of course, i should say it doesn't leak until I open the lid and it pours out from where the light is.
I did open the drainage holes in mine,. it didn't matter. My little black seal around the lock looks new. If I am looking at the right thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.