190e 2.6 Auto Vacuum Hose Replacement - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W201 190 Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2010
Vehicle: 1992 190E 2.6
190e 2.6 Auto Vacuum Hose Replacement

I need some advice as to what I need to do to be able to replace the vacuum hose that apparently goes from the Idel Control Valve to the intake manifold.

I attached a picture so hopefully that works, that is the first time I did this. It also seems that it has another attachment for another hose, can anyone tell me where that goes? I replaced all the other ones and I am sure this one is in the same condition dry and brittle, although it seems intact now.

I looks to me like (I obviosly have to take off the air cleaner) I might need to take off the fuel distributor? I think that is the correct name where the metal lines go from it to the manifold?

I read that there is a gasket under that. So do I need to remove that or anything else to get to the other end of it? The end that attaches to the ICV is easy of course, but I can't see where the other end goes and I definitely can't reach it. So any danger to remove the fuel distributor? mentioned above, anything to watch out for?

Pictures would be very helpful thanks.
Attached Images

bachmanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: '87 190E 2.6
Send a message via AIM to Stravlr Send a message via MSN to Stravlr

The "correct tool"..

http://erisautomotivetools.com/MTN14167.aspx
Stravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Thanks - for the info

Thanks so much for the advice on the tool, however I still can not even see where the other end of the hose attaches to the intake manifold, so I still think I have to remove something to get to it. Again like the picture I posted it is not the little generic vacuum hoses that I am trying to replace.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: '87 190E 2.6
Send a message via AIM to Stravlr Send a message via MSN to Stravlr
Yes.. it is the hose from the ISV to the intake, there is a small nipple that it attaches to on the main body of the intake..

Honestly just taking it off, you will see exactly how the other one goes back on, and removing the fuel distributor just too see it will only cause more problems. If you have the long reach hook nose pilers it make installation a snap as you can get it in place and have leverage to slip it back inplace.

Good Luck.
Stravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Update

Stopped by my mechanic yesterday as I was in the neighbor hood and since I had the hose with me I asked him how it goes on. Since I have owned this car since new and he has worked on it since 1995 and I have sent all his kids to college he put it on for me for free.

One thing to be clear though, in case others read this post, on my car at least, (1992 190e 2.6 auto) you need to remove the cold start injector which actually fits into the hose. I thought the second whole was for another vacuum line, but it is for the cold start injector.

So you have to remove the air cleaner, unbolt the wire chase and lift it up, then you have to unbolt the little bracket (two bolts) that hold the cold start injector in place in the hose and then uncouple the metal fuel line from the fuel distributor and the injector and take the injector our to get to the hose.

Then do the reverse to put it back together.

It was easy once I saw how to do it.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W201 190 Class