Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 300SL-24, 190E 2.5-16; C36AMG; BMW M5; Audi A4; Porsche 911
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is a real nice car, judging from the pictures I believe the mileage. Interior is exceptionally clean, black door trims are no longer available from MB ($300 a piece), wooden panels can be fixed, plastic trims can still be replaced. Leather seats are still original & scuff marks can be repaired. Undercarriage looks good, engine bay looks good. Exterior looks good, all panel gaps are even, lines all straight. Even the trunk looks good. That does look like original & untouched car.
1. Rear self leveling suspension is working, check by putting some heavy loads in the rear & see if it rises up / not. Repair cost is $$$.
2. Check exhausts has no rust, again complete set is $2000.
3. Check how engine starts (cold / hot).
4. Check how it idles, if steady at 850RPM then all is good.
5. Test drive, see if the engine still pulls like a train & responsive.
If everything checks out the $8500 is a good price, considering paint is original & one owner car. Let us know how it turns out. Looks like a gems to me.