Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Newly picked up a old Benz! and found this site.

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Turnpike 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all.. just found this site after looking for some info on my benz that i picked up 2 nights ago..

its a 1991 190e 2.3. orig 215,xxx miles picked it up for 300.00 and the Guy delivered it to my house..

runs ok.. has a hard time starting thats it.. well when i got it..

well things i have done so far not a whole lot but it costs allot..

new plugs, and wires Bosch of course.. :D wires were 80.00 new..
new Air filter that was next to impossible to find..
fresh oil and filter.

I drove it around for a bit doing donuts and burnouts.. not a bad car for 300.00.. got some power left under the hood.

Had to rewire the after market radio.. idiot that tryied to wire it before me made a mess.. that god for the interwebs for info..

now the only problems im at with the car..

dam power windows dont work well one does in the back.. thats it.. Ac kinda works but isnt cold at all...

Tach doesnt work..

thats mosly all thats wrong with the car at the moment..

Well this is how she sits right now.. soon im going to fix the power windows and the AC.. then try to find some bigger oem benz wheels for it..

let me know what you think of her..

See less See more
#6 ·
i like it..granted the paint is shot...but then again so is mine on my DD. it gives the car a "distinct" look. welcome to the family

as far as your issues, the windows are the motors..common problem. not impossible to repair yourself, keep your eyes open on here people are always parting out a car or 2. is it your tach or your speedo not working. another common problem is the speedo take a crap, you can either get a rebuilt one, replacement, or just listen to your car. given that it's auto you really don't need a tach for anything

#7 ·
yes she is a bit ugly.. was thinking of satin blacking the whole car..

but yea dont really need a tac.. but its nice to have everything working at once.. yea i have allready found out that the power motors in the front are shot..

time to find some parts.. but its not easy.. all i can find in the junkyard by me is the bigger 300E.. i found one 190e but it was allready picked clean..

#10 ·
Sand with 800 grit and shoot it a single stage same color should cost you a round $1000

Windows: see if you can get 12VDC at the motor side when you hit the switch, if not the switch/wiring is the culprit... if yes, it will be the regulator/motor

Tach: E-bay it, very cheap and make sure the clock works before buying... does the speedo works? is it bouncy? what about the cruise control?

Welcome to the forum of nothing-impossible

TexFinn..... Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.