Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

BenzWorld ROTM, what happend?

878 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Ivan820 
#1 ·
Hello to all,

I was surfing around random car forum and realised most of them have the Ride of the month. I remember when i first joined we also had it... what happend? It was the same cars over and over again? I'm noticing these days there are alot more newbies on the site.

Who wants to restart the ROTM threads??

#2 ·
I'd like to see ROTM brought back as well. There are a lot of great W201s that weren't here back when it was still being done.

#3 ·
My point exactly,

Multiple examples of "proper" tastefully maintained 190's might even make some people think twice before asking about 20inch rims, CAI's and neon lights....:p

...here's another idea

Why dont we all submit photo's of our cars, in the end we'll vote for the best example for each model (1.8, 2.0, 2.3, 2.6, 2.2, 2.5T, 2.3-16, 2.5-16, Evo1, Evo2, Modded 190's)

In the end we'll have a winner for each designated model and we'll be able to create somewhat of a brochure for all options ever offered for the W201.

Any future owner can compare their car to these ones and see what has remained stock on their cars and what hasn't

..just a thought, let me know if anyone would be interested in this.

#6 ·
..true, i didn't really think of that
So maybe we could restrict the number of pictures members can post to 2
1 exterior shot and 1 interior, once the winner is decided all submitted pics are deleted.

In the end, i guess it will be entirely up to the mods

#7 ·
ROTM can come back. It was you guys who killed it. Its a members vote, members submission. Mods only throw in 2 cents if there is a tie. So, ROTM is up to you really. People stopped submitting and voting, i mean whats the point of ROTM if I only get one or two submissions?

Also, pix consume no space when hosted externally. The debate/discussion in this thread will decide on whether or not I bring back ROTM with a whole new batch of rules that we can all talk over. :)

#11 ·
I wanna see more than 2 pics per entry and Kyn already said that they take up no space if hosted externally (ie. photobucket). At this rate we may have to do Ride of the Quarter

#12 ·
i'm in...and i think with the amount of members we have a RPQ ride per quarter, then of those 4 rides a ride of the year would be good. and if you win ride of the quarter/year your not allowed to enter that car again the following year

#13 ·
hmm.. should i submit the 87 or the 93??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.