Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New to the Benzworld

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Ivan820 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I just bought my first Mercedes last week, a 1992 190e 2.6l auto. It has 145k miles on it and I paid $1300. Its got a ways to go before its back to its full glory but it will be a blast getting there!:thumbsup:

Here are some pix:

See less See more
#2 ·
Very clean, nice car!
Interior is beautiful, ....just tighten those magazine nets!! hehe

Its very simple, 2 screws at the bottom and simply pull on the top string.

For a detailed writeup with pics, go to mercedes190.co.uk, then go to interior/exterior and then interior, the thread is a sticky. Its called tightening magazine nets, its extremely easy to do and its just the best way to compliment a nice clean interior like yours

...and straighten that star! lol hehe

#4 ·
here...i got bored hehe

Magazine nets looking abit sad and letting down the interior.

First off, slide seat fully forward and tilt seat backrest all the way forward.
Next remove the two screws holding up seat back.

Push seat back down to release

This is what it looks like

Remove two screws on one side

Lift or push down on plastic frame that holds net. Your looking for the elastic rope at the top.

Lift rope out of it socket and tighted up abit.

Push excess rope through seat back like so

Pull rope to remove slack on net not to tight though dont break anything. Replace screws for plastic frame. Should look something like this when done.

Replace seat back and screws. Make sure screws actualy screw back into seat frame(Have a look before you put seat back on you will see where they go).

RESULT no more saggy bits.

hope this helps.. its even the same interior as yours!

#6 ·
You know what I do need? I need to get four new are vent because they all point where ever they please... I also what to replace a few of the wood grain peaces but that can wait a little while. I also want EURO head lights of course... I need a steering wheel cover too... But thats just being picky... I love it.

#7 · (Edited)
vents: Junkyards
Wood grains: Junkyard or Ebay

Euro headlights: Ebay
But beware, the ones for 150$ are Depos or TYC (they work fine, but made in China. A couple of people have complained that they let condensation buildup in the glass housing)
If you want the "real deal" Bosch or Hella expect to pay 300$

As for the steering wheel, i've got a spare steering wheel (airbag edition) if you want.
Let me know where you are located, if your close i could be willing to sell it to you if you want it.

..oh wait, just noticed you've got the sportline wheel. The one i have is the OEM (its a larger diameter) so i doubt you want that

#10 · (Edited)
The grill was already installed on the car when i bought it... but i'm changing it soon with something a little more subtle.:thumbsup:

I used to like it alot...but these days i've somewhat lost my taste for it. I much prefer the OEM grill with the frame painted body color

As for the Bosch headlights, its a good price... but i dont know, they look pretty beatup. If you do buy them make sure the plastic housing case in not damaged in any way since that could allow condensation buildup!

EDIT:

Oh, i just looked at all the pics in detail.... forget about it the glass is cracked.

#15 ·
With the crack that one of the lenses has? no its not a good deal

DEPO's are good and if you are skeptical about inner condensation, run a glue gun strip around the lens/bucket line and do it a favor when you wash your engine by not concentrate the water spray on the back cover.... you'll be happy with the results

#12 ·
Go for it, they look beautiful

Just keep one thing in mind,

When you buy it off Ebay, repaint it yourself before installing it.
The original paint it comes with is appalling. When i bought mine the paint had already started to bubble.......it was still in its packaging.

#13 ·
Ivan thanks for that write up I'll do it tomorrow :thumbsup:

Austin: Include your engine type and year into your "drives" on your profile.
It'll come in handy for other people when you have questions about your car.
Those subs look mean!! congrats on the car. :thumbsup:

#14 · (Edited)
Ahhh... So it was you who made it disappear from Craigslist. They tried to sell it for a while and I was waiting the price to still drop a bit before going to check it.

EDIT: Just read some of your other threads and now I'm glad I did wait. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.