Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New wheels.. new rubberbands

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  bballboy91 
#1 · (Edited)
This might not be for everyone but I certainly love my new look :D
3rd set of wheels in 3 months haha.. I hope these will last a little longer.
Sorry for the pics.. the first one is the only one I got from my actual camera before it died. The rest are from my phone.

Brabus VI reps
18x8.5
Offset 30mm
Nankang NS-2
215/35/18

I've been driving the car basically all day and I've only rubbed once when there was a huge dip in the road. Also, I've hit a few potholes with no rubbing at all (not on purpose.) I absolutely love the NS-2's they are so quiet compared to my last c230 wheels. The only difference I feel between these new 18's and the stock 15's is the steering is a lot heavier now, probably because the tires are stickier and wider. I haven't driven spiritedly on them yet but so far the ride is great.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good,

but SERIOUSLY get that updated cladding done if your keeping those wheels.

also do you notice any lack of power?

#9 ·
The diameter of the wheels is actually a tiny bit smaller than the stock 15's. My speedo is only 1mph off. The weight of the wheels and tires together compared to the stock 15's are almost exactly the same. So to answer your question, the performance did not change. I've been searching for a grey updated cladding but every single one I find it's either cracked or has paint peeling. The bad angles that I picked to take these quick pictures doesn't do justice to the wheels. It's okay though, I love these wheels. :D

#10 ·
Srpcao,

what's with the "N" sticker on the trunk?

Get the cladding set (10 pieces) and strip them from any paint and refinish them

Those wheels are aweful:eek: ewwwww I'll take them:D

Just kidding man, they are awesome, with the rotors extra exposure, you need to paint them calipers

#13 ·
The N is to indicate that I am a "new driver" which means that I can only drive one person under 25 without full license. People who have an L sign indicates that they are learners and they can only drive when there is someone over 25 with a full license in the car. There are other restrictions but those are the important ones.

I took some great pictures with my friend which I will be uploading when I get home. :D

#16 ·
check my old post, i did the cladding upgrade on my 87

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.