Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Car vibrating

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Sincity 
#1 ·
When I am on park the car vibrates... is this normal?

#4 · (Edited)
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w201-190-class/1332901-engine-mounts.html

This is how a new mount will look:

This is how an old mount will look:

Believe us....many of us have already been down this path before in regards to the vibration. The W201 engine mounts have a hydraulic fluid inside the mount that absorbs vibration. See the bottom of the old mount with the hydraulic fluid leaking away from the mount? Look at the bottom of both mounts. Notice how the old mount sits closer to the frame/crossmember? That is a collapased mount and in need of replacement. The passenger side one is easy. However, the top bolt on the driver side, assuming US model, is more difficult to remove. See the thread above for tips on taking it off. Read the various tips given by several board members and good luck!

#7 · (Edited)
I bought mine from autohausaz.com for $43.99 each. You need two (L & R side are both the same). You may also want to change your trans mount as well.

You might be confused why Lomtevas said his mounts on his 16v failed after 22 years of non-use. He found a prisitine 16v that was sitting unused for 22 years and have spent the last year getting it road worthy again. Do a search on his screename and I guarantee it is an interesting thread to read due to his devotion and dedication to the car.

#10 ·
transmission mount. I just changed my engine mounts and its so quiet now and vibration free in my car. My tranny is new so I didnt have to change it. But after changing the engine mounts my car is shifting better and it also raised engine 2 inches higher. Maybe that made shifting more stream lined now. Check your transmission mount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.