Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

battery draw

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Oracle12345 
#1 ·
I have a 1991 190E 2.6 that has a parastic battery draw. When I do an amp draw test on the battery i get 1.8 milliamps. That is high. I would like to know what is the normal battery draw with a car that doesnt have a battery brain.

#2 · (Edited)
Maybe i gave you the wrong reading. When I did that test I had it on the 10a unfused setting where it read 1.8

its on fuse 12 and when I disconnect the vacuum supply pump for central locking system it doesnt drain the battery to the point where i cant start the car. Put fuse 12 back in and the problems start all over agian. problem has been isolated but having a central locking system would be nice.

What is the normal battery draw on this car that doesnt have a parastic battery drain? Anyone know? someones gotta know.... thats all Im asking...

#3 · (Edited)
After looking at some wire diagrams I disconnected 1 x1 the central locking pump, antitheft control module, power seats, power seat motors, door switches, ground connections for shorts etc, aftermarket radio, diodes and still havent found out what is causing the 200ma draw on the battery.

I checked my relays and I found one really warm.

Still havent found anything that is out of the ordinary. Any other ideas as to what could be causing the drain?

#6 ·
I have now narrowed the problem down to the power seats. You can adjsut the seats with the door open which is normal but you can adjust the seats with the door closed without the key which according to the wiring diagram shouldnt be happening. As soon as you shut the door the only way to adjust the seats is with the key in the accy, run or start postion. So am I looking for the problem from the power seat switch back?

#8 · (Edited)
checked out the switches at the door jambs and found one was missing the plastic part that pushes on the spring(drivers side) and passenger side was intact. time to locate a door jamb switch now

got one at the local boneyard and no more drain :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.