Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

new project need some help on a few questions

1K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  CYHU 
#1 ·
I'll present a self bit; I Just joined today after doing some research on this forum.

I'm the owner of a shop called cp performance and work mosty on toyota supra's. The reason Im here now is because I know almost nothing about the 190e which I belive they are the w201 chasis and planning to buy one this week a 87 with a 2.3l. Most of you guy are going to hate me for the transplant involved. After doing a e30 325 1jzgte 297whp (almost stock) we though of building its rival with the same engine so thats where the 190e came up.

Please don't hate me I fully respect the engineering of mercerdes but its a rival within shop employees if you want :p..

Anyways ive been searching all day on my free time and I could not find a few answer so here I go

Suspension: Whats available? I've been searching through all my supplyer's but can't find anything respectable for hardcore track use yet. And you guy that are hardcore on the track what spring rate do you use with the 2.6 engine? (should be close to 1jz weigth)
If nothing out there I could get k-sport usa to look into it depending the amount of ppl interessed.

Swaybars: ? did not look into yet what do you recomend

Bushing? Any kits urethan or solid out there or do I have to build my own ?

Camber caster toe adjustement?? didn't check it out yet any input ?

Drivetrain: lusing the toyota r154 tranny
looked in to it but could not find much... First I read that they all comme with LSD diff(limited slip deferencial) is it true?? Is it v-lsd or clutch pack?
also what final gear ratio is there available and in what parts of the world?
I wanna get As close to 4.30 as I can to match the ratios of my supra + the bm on 3.90 and its to long... so whats out there or again do I need to machine more stuff ??

Brake: I think I've figured out what to do but not sure yet I read the the c32 kit bolts rigth on but im sceptic about it

electric: msqurit

engine: 1jz or 2jz what I have at the shop free..

Last but not least

Body: I saw a few ppl post here (and Im not a body person)
Where do I find the amg evo2 kit/replica in north america / canada Im waiting on my supplyer to call me back on that but mabye I can get a faster answer here. I saw It and fell in love with just.... :bowdown:

As most of you notice it is not going to be a daily driver but mostly a allrounder track car. Pretty much same built as the bm we did but in a different make..

Thank you for any help and input

Charles
CP performance.ca
450 572 1686

See less See more
#2 ·
That 1jz and 2jz swap have already been done. :)

Suspension: Whats available? I've been searching through all my supplyer's but can't find anything respectable for hardcore track use yet. And you guy that are hardcore on the track what spring rate do you use with the 2.6 engine? (should be close to 1jz weigth)
If nothing out there I could get k-sport usa to look into it depending the amount of ppl interessed.
No one track races a 2.6, however the 16vlv weight is closest. H&R cup kit is popular, lots of track racers have been known to adapt and fit custom coilovers onto their car.

Swaybars: ? did not look into yet what do you recomend
500E up front Evo 2 in the rear

Bushing? Any kits urethan or solid out there or do I have to build my own ?
Couple guys putting some shit into play right now with group buys, still waiting, best make your own if you got the tools

Camber caster toe adjustement?? didn't check it out yet any input ?
Do it custom, once again, people are making independant adjust for the multi link in the back, front strut towers need to be custom made, however there is someone sellign a few sets, top dollar though.

Drivetrain: lusing the toyota r154 tranny
looked in to it but could not find much... First I read that they all comme with LSD diff(limited slip deferencial) is it true?? Is it v-lsd or clutch pack?
also what final gear ratio is there available and in what parts of the world?
I wanna get As close to 4.30 as I can to match the ratios of my supra + the bm on 3.90 and its to long... so whats out there or again do I need to machine more stuff ??

Brake: I think I've figured out what to do but not sure yet I read the the c32 kit bolts rigth on but im sceptic about it
Go 400E

electric: msqurit

engine: 1jz or 2jz what I have at the shop free..

Last but not least

Body: I saw a few ppl post here (and Im not a body person)
Where do I find the amg evo2 kit/replica in north america / canada Im waiting on my supplyer to call me back on that but mabye I can get a faster answer here. I saw It and fell in love with just.... :bowdown:
Most replica kits come from Thorsten in Germany around 3-4k shipped
As most of you notice it is not going to be a daily driver but mostly a allrounder track car. Pretty much same built as the bm we did but in a different make..

#12 ·
Thanks for the input its very appreciated.. but Ive been busy most of the week so not much time to plan out my stuff much more.. (Rx7 FD had to finish at shop this week)

But I've been searching the evo2 kit and haven't found anything so mabye Im going to get custom build with a less aggressif rear spoiller locally. (info later in this post to see if some of you guy are interessed)
For the diff I do agree a danna 44 swap would be a solution but that is solid axle no?? At least those I know of... Aslo In my area 3.73 are the most commum. But prolly findable in 4.10 or 4.30 like im looking for.. But solid axle would really be my last resort..

Input for you guys from what I quickly notice.
the housing of a toyota cressidia 88+ diff fit there with minor mods to a 300d.. I don't know de difference of a 300d diff housing to a 190e housing. Actually I never yet put a 190e on the lift to be honest

But if its case I solve my diff issues. Cressidia have the same internal as a Mk3 supra. And I finally have build a diff with a custom clutch repack I made that hold my driving with my mk3 1jz supra. (6months still living and lsd reacts the same way since :p ) (used RIP 1/2 a day... Stock rip.. 2days... kaaz rip.. 2weeks)

anyways like I will need to change axle If I do the diff swap I was mabye thinking of going rear mk4 supra brake convertion as well depending the work involded.. once thats done I will be able to bolt right up a 6 piston ksport bbk... (prolly aslo will need a master upgrade but I migth need to relocate anyways like the 325 to clear the intake on the 1jz. migth as well upgrade at the same time...)

BTW im still brainstroming any input is well appreciated..

But on a other note

on my spare time I talked to someone locally that build kit car body's for a living. (next door to my shop)
Im mabye planning to do some evo2 replicas kits. So Im actually wondering if anybody would be interested... Prices would be to discuss offically and I would have to contact admin for right to sell before hand but my goal would be to keep a full well built kit under 2000$Cdn shipped hoppefully less.
keep in mind that if Im doing this Im considering spending over 10g to produce a small inventory.

Thanks for your time

Charles
CP Performance
450 572 1686

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.