Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

190 PARTS PARTS PARTS

997 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Logon_Bob 
#1 · (Edited)
Totaled my 190 ('88 2.3)in a front end collision. I took what parts out of it I could; I sold a few but I have many left including...
Rear bumper assembly
Rear tail lenses
Fresh gun metal grey trunk lid
Seats (Blue)
Rear seat cusion
Cruise Control brain
Door lock vacume
First Aid Kit
Both rear view mirrors (right side is power)
Ash Tray (looks new)

I have pictures available for all parts, please PM or Email me if you are at all interested!!!

The engine has 153k on the clock and was in running very well when I crashed it. The car is getting crushed wednesday, the parts listed above I will have, but as far as wheels with nice tires, great exhaust system , doors etc are gone wed. INTERESTED? leave me a PM or email me at
UncleD88@gmail.com. Thankyou!

See less See more
#5 ·
Me Too.

There has been a few Totals around and I was thinking. Now I have not done my homework on this so I don't know if it even possible.

I have had this Dream Car project in mind for years now but it keeps changing. Started off as I want a "T-bucket" roadster for cruising Pacific Coast Highway in the Summer. Small Block Chevy with Injectors or maybe a couple of carbs on a high rise manifold. Or maybe even a Blower but I don't need or want that much. Cool would be a Blower for looks but runs on carbs hidden inside the blower.

About a year ago I run across Super 7's and similar looking Fiberglass Kit cars. mmmmmm. Then Los Angeles has a group of enterprising people converting old Mercedes Diesels to run on used cooking oil or Bio-Diesel. Dream Car switched to a Super 7 or other open Roadster running on used free Burger King cooking oil.

Now here's the rub. A lot of these Kit Cars use a donor car that just doesn't come close to our 190's in handling. So today I was thinking IF a 190 could be used for a Donor car on one of these Kit Cars. But, we are Uni Body and I would assume big issues putting a Kit Car body on let alone matching wheel base and width issues. Right now I can't see it working as in torching off the 190's body and expecting a method of attaching.

Some Kits you get a new frame and use spindles/brakes and such but that defeats what I was thinking of with the basic 190 in tact with a new and lighter open roadster body. Even a 2.3 Auto would get with the program and with excellent handling on Mtn. roads. :)

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.