Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

UV leak detector dye

855 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Kynyption 
#1 ·
I got some of this for a slight coolant leak. Where do you think the best (best = quickest/easiest) place to introduce it into the 2.6 engine would be? I don't think it would mix very well if put into the coolant expansion tank. Normally you'd pour it directly into the radiator.

#2 ·
I hate pouring additives into the coolant. Last time someone did it i had to flush the car 5 or 6 times before i got the fix a leak crap out of my system thanks to milosz.

You cant find the leak by looking?

If you must you can just remove the top radiator hose and pour it down there.

#3 ·
My understanding is that this UV dye has been used by professional mechanincs for a while. Now it is cheap enough for the DIY'er to use. This is nothing like leak fixer. It is completely safe and the manufacturer says a flush after you use it isn't even necessary. In fact they say leave it in for future routine maintenance to check for leaks not ordinarily found with the naked eye. I plan on using it for an oil leak as well. You don't even have to clean your engine before you use it! I just don't know how best to get it into my coolant system :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.