ِِِAsking Help from the experts of E190

942 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  wing zero 
#1 ·
Hi how're you all

this my first post,I read alot of your fourms and I became afan

of mercedes so, Iwent and found acouple of E190 for sale and I really need

your help .

I need the details of E190 1990

like is it all wheel or front or back wheel drive ?

is't super charge or fuel enjection ?

and what ever advise you think it will help me

I really would be very thankful to you guys

#2 ·
rear wheel drive, 4 cly 2.3, 6 cyl 2.6 are the common ones, theres also the 2.5-16 and the 2.3-16. the 2.5 was available in europe and not int eh states. also the 190d which was a 2.2 or a 2.5. its not electronic fuel injection its a CIS fuel system. when looking at a 190 see how clean the engine is, see is the wiring is brittle or not(brittle means it needs replacement eventually), the usual rust locations are the jack points and the rear quarter panel, if it has chrome arches thats a prime spot for rust. no supercharged unless its a custom engine build. no turbo either. bad timing chain equals bad head aka needs head job, overheating is also an issue esp with the 2.6's.

#4 ·
The 190e 2.6 also has two fuel pumps in a space just in front of the left rear wheel. It should have a plastic cover over it; also included there is a fuel filter and a fuel accumulator. I think the 2.3 is the same. The fuel pump relay along with some other stuff is located just behind the battery. The main fuse box is on the driver's side next to the firewall. Good luck with you Benz!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.