Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W201 alarm question

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kynyption 
#1 ·
Hi, A new owner of a 1989 190E 2.6 here ( My last was a 1960 220 SEb back in the 70's- wish I'd kept it!).

I have alarm problems as well as an automatic lock problem. Would disconnecting the wires(plugs) at the door locks of both front doors keep the alarm from arming and also disable the automatic door locking? I have other problems that take priority and it's getting cold here. I'm assuming the system would think the doors are never locked or is there a fault in my assumption.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

#2 ·
the lock cylinder has a switch on it it could possibly be that, they clip on and alot of times the plastic breaks.

#3 ·
I want to do that. That is I want to disable the arming of the alarm system. Running out at 3AM to unlock the door to disable the tripped alarm really sucks as well as leaving the car unlocked all the time as the other option.

I'm wondering about consequences from unplugging the plugs from the lock assemblies in the doors to allow me to lock the doors without arming the alarm system and also so that the vacuum pump under the back seat doesn't come on for about a minute every time I lock or unlock a door.

I guess I didn't explain it very well.

Jerry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.