Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Hooray For Snow

2K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Jippi 
#1 ·
w00t, so much fun driving a lowered 190 in the winter with summer tires and a MT.

Snow tires go on tomorrow hahaha.

#5 ·
make sure u dun get hit by any in a buick...lol

i got some snow in philly

#4 ·
Still waiting for snow here in Poland but its getting close. My AMG is gonna be fun to take turns with:D

#9 ·
nice looks like the ornament is missing, car looks clean

#11 ·
kool, i might get one, they are good to have when ur in a bad area, i had my 85 one snatched before.

#18 ·
75F today - cannot wait for some more rain to drive the Subie in (we had a bit on Friday). In two weeks a weekend drive to Mammoth. Finally, after 4 years in Cali again driving in the snow:D. Last year we tried the same with the Audi at Big Bear. Scary:(, that car has a lot of power and no 4WD.

#20 ·
snow....cant wait for the BW camel back gtg. im going regardless....

#23 ·
guys its not funny. i have a snow hill 5ft tall on the driveway.

Yesterday morning, when i wanted to go out, i was backing up when (i had already backed up like 20ft) i pushed up against a little snow mound, so i get out and move the snow, and put the car into reverse, but the tires are not even moving. So i'm thinking either the clutch is gone, or the control arm broke off, so i go down and look under the car and its fine, everything is fine. There was a small tarnished piece of rubber hanging from one of the rear shocks, but that was it. So i put it into drive, but still the tires are not even rotating, but the engine revs up. So annoying! its like -23degC outside. So i put it into reverse, and leave it on reverse and i go outside, and i kinda push the car to get a rocking motion going. Then after like 5mins of that, the rear right wheel started spinning, but the left one was not moving at all (mind you i cleared all the snow at this point). The right wheel was spinning and still the car was not going anywhere, So i got someone to sit in the car and keep a foot on the break, just in case it starts going, and i get out and i push the thing a couple of feet, about 10ft. Then it starts moving! at this point both my hands are totally burnt from the cold. anyways, so i drive the thing around the block, and it all seems fine.

I just have no idea what might have happened, the breaks couldn't have been frozen, cos how could i reverse it at the beginning. I'm guessing the ECU must have confused itself somehow and didnt want to put power into the wheels, but this car doesnt have independent drive shafts, or anything that sophisticated. It cant be the gearbox, because, you could hear each gear fall in place properly, when you put it into R,D, 2,3, N.......Confused.

#24 ·
non lsd so im figuring that the rear right wheel probably got caught on something

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.