Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Coolant?

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  cypress188 
#1 ·
hi i had a new problem pop up today...

sooo i got out of my physical(yay?) and i saw some sh*t under my car it happens to be coolant is leaking, i checked the hoses and cant find any leaks.. where else could it be leaking from? i think it hitches under the windshield/dash part of the car to somthing maybe a pump?

#2 ·
zazeem said:
hi i had a new problem pop up today...

sooo i got out of my physical(yay?) and i saw some sh*t under my car it happens to be coolant is leaking, i checked the hoses and cant find any leaks.. where else could it be leaking from? i think it hitches under the windshield/dash part of the car to somthing maybe a pump?
Hey Zazeem - where did you find the drips? Under the bumper or further back?
Might be (I hope) something as simple as a cracked hose....any traces near the overflow hose on your recovery tank?

#12 ·
First of all have a beer.

Then check and fill-up the fluid levels (oil, coolant) and quality (oil in coolant, dirt, gasoline smell in the oil, low levels of certain fluids), clean up that area, run the car and revisualize the area.

#13 ·
does ur ac work? was ur ac on? what color was it? it could be condensation dripping.

#14 ·
no the a/c wasnt on. the weird thing was when the car was on there wasnt any leaking, just when i turned it off. could this be pressure related? and my fluid levels seem to be fine and clean. after the car cooled down the leaking stopped. idk what color it was cause it was at night but it didnt smell and it sizzled when it hit the ground. im guessing its coolant but idk where its really leaking from.

#15 ·
where r u located? is the ac charged ?

#16 ·
im in Westchester NY. yeah the a/c is charged. everything was serviced this summer when my grandma gave me the car. she had all the fluids replaced and engine checked.

last night i was doing over 100mph. could that have caused it?

and i just checked today and its not leaking. idk maybe its just a fluke or the beginning of a leak? i know its not condensation because it sizzled when it hit the ground and the ground was cold.

#17 ·
u need to get under it to see whats going on. i dont know of any type of fluid that sizzles when it hits the ground

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.