Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Service manual for head gasket repair

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  shingleback 
#1 ·
It looks like I finally have to replace my head gasket. My 2.6 has been overheating intermittently and I've finally narrowed it down to the head gasket. Does anybody have a part of their service manual that they can send me that covers head gasket replacement? If someone has a PDF, that'd be great. I have an ftp available if the file is too large for email. Thanks so much!

#3 ·
I hate to sound simplistic, but the 2.6 is a bolt-off-bolt-on procedure.

Undo the two manifolds and the bolts for the ancillaries on the front of the motor and unbolt the head.

"Mic, magneflux and machine as needed" the head and decarbonize the block and pistons.

Apply the new head gasket and replace everything.

#4 ·
ppetracca said:
<SNIP>Does anybody have a part of their service manual that they can send me that covers head gasket replacement? If someone has a PDF, that'd be great. I have an ftp available if the file is too large for email. Thanks so much!
I have a PDF document; it is 6MB in size. Feel free to PM me your email address (or other directions) and I will be happy to send it to you. Just to be sure, it is engine 103, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.