Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

190D only

891 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DerDeutsche 
#1 · (Edited)
I need a diagnostic on my 1986 190D, 2 litres, european.
I'm freaking of with my mechanic who says it's all normal e to let it roll. But I love this car and I know him like no other and I can tell when something is not like it suposed to be.
I'm earing a claping sound, it goes along with the engine rpm. Acording to my mechanic it's from the hydraulics injectors but can't do anything. Is this correct?
I'm also earing a bubbling sound since the last time it went to service. Everytime I go there and claim he says the car left ok... That bubbling sound is mostly eard from inside the car. I've checked the airfilter manihold and the exaust pipe. Can't figure it out!
Also, i'm not getting any heat on the vents. The tubes are hot but not getting heat inside. Something about a vacum valve? I can I check if it's ok?
Someone...?

#2 ·
TILxxx,

I have a bubbling sound inside as well. Took it to the shop, they said they checked the heating/cooling system, and my evapurator had a major leak. This would alllow air to get into the system and therefor create the bubbling noise.

That's all I can tell you. Hope it helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.