Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What did you do to your Benz today?

1M views 6K replies 470 participants last post by  mharlos1 
#1 · (Edited)
Lifted this thread idea from Vortex... I'll start.

Installed a new hood pad.

See less See more
#52 ·
Jippi said:
damn again with the vw's. i guess selling dave the sportline clears ur debt with him.

and my debt with my bills. dam surcharge. oh well, im selling rims to some kid for 300 so ill have some money to either buy coilovers or a exhuast, not sure yet lol. and yes again into the VW's i just cant stop with them, endless possibilities to mod them and thats what i need. pls, this car is what ive been looking for, no a/c, no p/s, manual windows, manual sunroof. perfect.

#53 ·
Jippi said:
so u gonna fix it or part it dave? dibs on the interior too if you do...
It don't need much, and i just spoke with benz and a lot of my parts are on back order, so that pisses me off. So my 16 is out for another month, and i was sick of showing up at GTG's with some random ass car. At least milosz can show with a german car. I always had jap or american haha.

So the s-line will stay in one piece and become my DD

#54 ·
if you come down i can get you a door for about 45-50 bux.

#56 ·
yep, im actually going there this coming saturday morning to check out and get the other 2.3 motor.

#65 ·
pics of the car thats gonna replace your s-line, or this is pointless....lol so milosz ur leaving the 190 scene forever?

#66 ·
rjb190e said:
So what did you get Golf or Jetta? 8V or 16V? Vin of WVW or 3VW? Big doors and bumpers or small? Digifant or K-jetronic?
its a 4 door golf, big bumpers. digifant 2 its 3vw :rolleyes: but oh well lol. ill have the car on thrusday, if daves gives me some of the money he still owes me for the sportline lol.
as for the motor its a stock 8v with no p/s and no a/c, manual windows, and manual sunroof, ill be posting pics up later this week.

Jippi, im not going to be leavin the 190 scene, you guys are too awsome to just ditch, im not gonna be like the other losers who sell their car and never come back here. ill be going to the GTG's too.

#67 ·
Yeah, i love MK2's and hell not like a lot of us dont like seeing the VW posts or how to's always good fun. I'll still buy an MK2 sooner or later.

And what do you mean IF, I am not you, i have a job....Since you have known me have you ever seen my shy around some cash? And i need a DD. haha

#72 ·
definatly a repost, but an awsome one tho, the hamster is one of the cooler guys on that show, clarkson and capt. slow are also good hosts for it. they did play it in the states for about 2 weeks, and that was it. stupid america and not gettin good shows.

#75 ·
i ordered new engine mounts...

#76 ·
Today:
Heater Core ! Yeah baby, now my dash is going back together. Now includes Speedo and Cruise Control hooked back up. Even the glove box, which has been out for quite some time as I didn't really want to tackle the Dash removal.

In the last two weeks.
1. Shocks/Struts - Wow
2. Motor Mounts - WOW!
3. Took off the Struts to mount new Upper Strut mounts, one was found to be cracked on Strut install. And new Dust Covers
4. Fixed A/C - with much help on this list it was traced to a worn through wire on the speed sensor. Rubbing on something. Major Learning Curve.
5. Working on the last wheel to get off baked on Brake Dust. First three were easy but for some reason I must have 2 hours into one wheel and not done yet.
6. Magnetic Fan Clutch is mysteriously working again.
7. Scrubbed the seats and shampooed the carpet. WoW,
8. Disassembled the Electric Sun Roof and lubed the track. Slick.
9 Rear Brake Pads.
10. Adjusted one front bearing.
11. Oil/filter Change
12. Removed the Heater Aux Pump - source of a small leak and not needed.

13. Read way too many hours in the manual and on this list. Learned a few things so that is good.

HOT Tip - I never knew the Hood would go up past 90 degrees by releasing a spring clip on the Hood shock. Hot Tip # 2. The release to come back down is NOT the same spring clip, it's at the driver side hinge, Panic was setting in with a stuck Hood. :-( . Wish I knew this when I did the Head last January.

Many thanks to posters who at some time or another led me in the right direction.

Dan