Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What did you do to your Benz today?

1M views 6K replies 470 participants last post by  mharlos1 
#1 · (Edited)
Lifted this thread idea from Vortex... I'll start.

Installed a new hood pad.

See less See more
#29 ·
Cool Thread yet not much activity - Bump.

Today I decided since the next major deal is putting in a new heater core, I would go after what I thought was the hot water inlet valve. I thought I might just tear it down first and see,,, what a joke. That thing has not turned in quite some time. All gummed up.

Turns out it is the Hot Water REcirculating Pump on the return side. This thing sits on the fender well below the Window Washer Tank.

Manual says it runs constantly any time Heat is called for. mmmm I always thought the Water Pump just pushed it through.

So, for now it has been by-passed, no make that eliminated. I just used the stock hose coming off the water pump and it made it all the way to the steel heater tubing.

Once I get the Heater Core in I will see if it is really needed in Southern California. I have not had any heat to speak of for mmmmm 3 years or so. :)

Dan

#32 ·
i ripped half the motor out for the umpth millionth time....

#35 ·
talk about old skool stereo.

#37 · (Edited)
Kynyption said:
Yeah, bobs an old skool kind of guy.

Where as im rocking some modern art shit in my 16vlv. He and i will have completely opposite cars. haha.
true, true I was even thinking of putting the stock 15" wheels back on. I'm on the hunt for some OEM rear speaker grilles and a center console right now since that ebay Arschficker dicked me over. Can't find the grilles that came off the '90, don't remember what they looked like anyway...

#40 ·
OK,,, What I would like to do today. I too have a 1991 Signal Red 2.3 and I want to paint the grill black. I can't tell from the pics if you guys are using Gloss or Flat.

There's an E55 AMG ( nice ) across the street. It is Black and the inner grill is Gloss.

So,,, Gloss or Flat. I think a Dark Gun Metal Grey or Gun Metal Charcoal or almost Black would look nice as well.

Dan

#43 ·
another one??? pics??

#46 ·
milosz sold you his car? dibs on the sportline front fender cladding

#48 ·
Busy weekend:
- new front suspension mounts
- new balljoints both sides at front
- new discs and pads front and rear
- new fuel filter
- oil service
- new front grille (this was definitely the best bit!):D
- new exhaust silencer box
- new propshaft centre coupling fitted
- engine tuned (running a full turn too rich)

All in all - very productive weekend - and car feels in a different league! Also my fuel consumption has started to decline... so now looking to get some miles under my belt in next few weeks.

Having not had the car to drive for the last three weeks - you do realise how much you miss it, bonnet star as well!

It's the R107's turn next...

#49 ·
damn again with the vw's. i guess selling dave the sportline clears ur debt with him.

#51 ·
so u gonna fix it or part it dave? dibs on the interior too if you do...