Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

another newb

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DAN57 
#1 ·
hello guys
my first post here

Congrats to u guys , u have a really nice place

So yea i just bought myself a 1985 190e 2.3 Standard, dark blue with beige interior, i ll try to post pics soon

Here s my first question :
My driver seat slides manually, and the bracket s rusted, oh and looks like a dog took a bite out of the seat so yea, i wouldn t mind replacing it

So what i wanna know is first, can i put an electrical seat instead?
Is there a place where i can buy brackets ?
and do i have to put w201 seats or can i go with a different model? (obviously the brackets will be modified consequently)
are those ok ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Huns...059600410QQcategoryZ33701QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I ve read about the recaro ones but i want a oem seat, not a race one

My other question is about my non working sunroof
the previous owner told me it s a belt missing, is it possible???
I guess it s a pretty commun problem, so i guess there s a commun fix??
The engine??
Thanx a lot guys

See less See more
#3 ·
replacing the door panel is the least of your worries when installing power seats in a non-power seat equipped car. its not like there are only two wires going to the seat bottoms, there are 4+ motors under and inside the seats. but it has been done.

try looking for a 190e seat on ebay.

the sunroof doesn't use belts, there's a cable that attached to the sunroof and the motor in the rear either pushes or pulls this cable. have someone listening for the motor to turn while you push the sunroof switch. if nothing is heard then there's where you start, check the fuse, the switch, etc.

the sunroof motor is in the trunk on the opposite side of the fuel filler, behind the plastic trunk liner

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum. I fitted an electric drivers seat with memory. HUGE wiring loom which is not nice at all to feed into the door. You could probably trim the door panel to fit the switches but there are several fuses and relays too. I also had to fit the comfort curcuit, (second door switch.) I was fitting a complete interior and electric windows and the same time so wasn't too bad. And I had a donor car so had everything to hand.

I am sure ther is manual way to open/shut the sunroof using the wheel brace on a the motor??? Perhaps someone can confirm. This would check the roof mechanism and cable are o.k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.