Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Door panel removal

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  1984babybenz 
#1 ·
I have an 89 190E.

My driver side lock does not work - all others OK. At this point my problem is: how do I get the driver door panel off? I was able to get everything loose except the door inside latch mechanism(?), which seems to firmly locked in place. I can't see any screws as on the seat positioning switch.

I have tried pulling, pushing and few explatives deleted, but it is still holding on.

help

ormondron

#6 ·
Could be because it is 6 years old so the location moved...

But it's just as the above poster said. Not really hard at all once you get the hang of it.

#5 ·
The door panel is removed by first popping off the plastic cover that sits over the top of the pull handle .behind there is a 10mm bolt which you undo..theres also a phillips screw down near the door latch with a plastic clamp type thing..!!

you slide the door opener forward and unhook the latch then push the doorcard up and out of the top rubber window seal which it sits in..!!

Refitting is the reverse but make sure to attach the hook into the latch before you re seat the door card ..taking care to locate all of the hooks on the back of the door panel into their correct position before sliding down into the rubber holder..!!

It's fiddly but the important thing for re-fitting is to re-attach the hook into the latch handle before you re-fit as this helps to keep the doorcard in roughly the right place.

You need to push it in as you pull it down into the locating holes for the hooks.

does that make sense..??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.