Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Climate Control Issue

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  190E-Boy 
#1 ·
Despite what I set the temp to my fans blow hot. Is it my heater valve? or something else? I'd love to sort this out before the temps are hitting 80-90F everyday.

thanks
190E-Boy
no help on the REV

#2 ·
1) Is the a/c system fully charged? If there's a leak and you're low on refridgerant, it's going to be warm.

2) When selecting the vents or heating system, can you hear the vaccum valves opening and closing behind the center console? If you don't it could be that the vaccum valves are stuck or broken. That will be dashboard removal fix.

#3 ·
AC is fully charged (just done 6 months ago)an I get a mix of freezing cold from center vents and hot from the rest when the AC is on. I am familiar with the vacuum sound....I never thought to listen (actually the cd player is always on and I negate to pay attention).

thanks

I'll take a look.

190E-Boy

#4 ·
RE: Climate Control Issue--MTI

I found this on the Bentley Publishers Site (http://tech.bentleypublishers.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2174&tstart=0),
what do you make of it MTI? I do not hear the "vooop" noise when I switch the vents on or over and my AC is sometimes on sometimes off which could be a bad potentiometer (sp).

Before you can repair this you have to first know how it works and what it does when it fails. First does it only blow hat air and where if it only comes out the defroster and 2 side vent then you have and vacuum leak in one or more of the duct elements. Second does the A/C compressor come on? If no it probably needs a "blend air door potentiometer" these always go out and are only used on the 190 (201) cars.
Finally if all is working and ok and you have poor cooling issues, It might be that the blend air door insulation has come apart and isn't sealing. Also I would check the climate control relay (the one lableled KLIMA on top of it) take it apart and look inside for any damage to the circuit board (especially around the relay). Last you might just be our of freon. I would take it to a shop and have the problem diagnosed there.

what do you think?

190E-Boy
thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.